Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

Kev_B

Hi @Weavels @Sharpey1970 

I'm sorry to hear you've both had problems start on Friday. I've checked the hubs for both of you and it looks like you're still on the standard release firmware, so the problems you're experiencing aren't as a result of this rollout.

I'm double-checking with our firmware team to be 100% sure that the firmware version is different, I'll let you know once they confirm.

@jpeg1 are you having issues as well, or were you bumping for an update?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Kev

Thanks so much!

Regards

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Kev_B  I'm not having issues at the moment, but if there are likely to be further changes it would be good to have some advance notice.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi 

I'm having the same problem with Bt wholehome mesh aswell as wifi dropping every 20 mins or so 

Kev_B

Hi again @Weavels @Sharpey1970 

I've had confirmation from the hub team that the new firmware has a different version number, so it doesn't look like either of you is on the new firmware. That means the problems you're having are unlikely to be related. However, if you'd like to try the new firmware to see if that helps with the issues you're having then let me know. If not, could I ask you to post a new thread describing the issue you're having so that one of our team can look into it for you please?

@bruno1926 - it looks like you're on the standard firmware as well so the same applies. If you'd like to try the new firmware to see if that fixes the issue then I can certainly put you forward, otherwise I'll need you to create a new thread about the issues you're having so a member of our team can investigate.

Kev

Hi Kev

Could we try updating the firmware in the first instance?

Hi

Thanks for replying. The new firmware sounds like a plan  lets go for it.

Thanks 

dcw3003
Joining in

I never had any issues with my BT Whole Home WiFi (Standard) discs, however have had intermittent (almost daily) issues with my BT Whole Home WiFi Premium discs. My issue is currently with BT 2nd line technical and they have advised I require a firmware update (to 9.1.1910.200); mine is currently 9.1.1811.401. Is there a way this can be pushed to my hub?

Mr_Mike
On our wavelength
To be fair, if you go on the BT forums there are plenty of people there saying that the Premium discs are troublesome too, and not just with Virgin routers.

To be honest, I’m not entirely sure I believe the firmware update is going to work...but looks like I can’t get further help from BT without first getting the hub update.