Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 and BT Premium Whole Home WiFi

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've identified an intermittent interoperability issue affecting some customers who've bought a BT Premium Whole Home WiFi solution for use with a Hub 3.0.

We're currently working on a fix for this which will be rolling out in a future firmware release. We'll provide an update once the firmware is ready.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused, please bear with us whilst we get this problem fixed.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

187 REPLIES 187

MarklyDarkly
On our wavelength

Is this an intermittent problem on all Hub 3.0/BT Whole Home set ups or is it just affecting some? I have this set up but don't think I have problem at the moment. What are the symptoms?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Which models of the Whole Home Wifi discs?

To my knowledge, only the "Mini" and "Premium" discs have known issues, whereas the "Standard" discs work fine with no issues.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

That's news. I've been using BT Whole Home for two years, never had a problem. 

Probably because I have a proper router after the Hub. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kev_B

Hi,

We weren't advised of a specific product within the Whole Home WiFi solution. The problem most likely manifested as intermittent connection to the wireless network or problems connecting altogether.

I'm pleased to say we rolled out a firmware update to the hubs we identified as suffering from this issue this morning, so if you were having issues these should now be resolved.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi

Would this issue also be the case for other home wifi solutions.  Like Google WiFi or Nest Wifi?  Or is this specific to BT?

Thanks
D

Hi,

Would the firmware update have been likely to cause an issue (rather than solve an issue) as we have BT Whole Home Wifi installed and all worked perfectly until Friday and now I can't get any connection at all.

Many thanks

Yes this is the same for us? 

We have experienced problems since Friday, prior to that it was working fine. 

What's going on, @Kev_B? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.