cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Yellow Light & Slow Speed

tony_j1
Tuning in

I activated my Virgin Media M500 fibre broadband this Wednesday. In the past several days the speed was only 20-40 Mbps most of the time. Sometimes it could go up to 300 Mbps but drop back to 20-40 at last. All the speed tests were done in the same room with the router so I don't think it's because of distance or obstruction.

The light on the router (Hub 3.0) is always yellow and never turned white. I tried both reboot and pin reset the router at least once a day but they seem not to be helping. I wonder if anyone has come across same situation and what is the possible cause? 

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You need to test your speeds with a wired connection.

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren’t supported nor reliable for accurate Speedtesting

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tony_j1,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Our Hub's light can work of a yellow-ish coloured light as it could be down to the LED.

Also as @gary_dexter stated, are these tests ran on a wired connection or Wi-Fi?

I currently can't seem to locate your so I'm going to drop you a PM to run through a few details.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain_W,

Sorry for the late reply. A technician came by today and the problem is now fixed. The problem was caused by my old broadband socket. The frequency on Channel 12 was very low. When the socket is replaced with a new one, everything goes normal. Now the speed is around 500 Mpbs with wifi connection. Thanks.

Yes, wired connection might be a bit more stable.

But it doesn't make a huge difference.

Thank you for your suggestion anyway.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for reaching out on PM tony_j1

Glad to see we got that issue fixed for you!

If you do have any more queries then please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Take care,

Kain

Hi tony_j1,
Thanks for coming back to us and for an update, glad to hear the technician has resolved the issue, and you are now receiving 500 MB, if you do have any further issues please do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.

I will if needed. Thank you for your message. I hope you have a nice weekend!