cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Wi-Fi Disconnects internet entirely

aidy1972
On our wavelength

Hello all.

A couple of days ago we had a REAL close thunderstorm which appeared to knock off my broadband.

I've got an engineer booked for tomorrow (Friday 10th Dec.) Now I've had some time to look into it, been checking local cables and so on have seemed to narrow it down to having Wi-Fi on drops the incoming internet signal entirely.

At first, I thought possibly the settings had become corrupted by storm.  I did the 60 Second hold on the reset, changed an ethernet cable over and had internet.  I restored the back up and once the Hub rebooted, I couldn't get internet again.  Wifi networks show on devices and anything connected via cable work fine too. (I have a cloud device I can access on PC via the HUB's router) but no internet connection on PC (Cabled) and Wifi devices also have no internet connection.

Right now, I've disabled both WiFi in the hub settings and am currently using the internet via Virgin Media's connection.

Clearly something isn't right here.  I'm about to call them once posted here to decide if engineer still needed or they just send out a new HUB.  Anyone had similar issues in the past?

2 REPLIES 2

lotharmat
Community elder
SOunds like something got fried! - If you have a tech visit - they'll be able to test and replace the hub if necessary!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @aidy1972 and thanks for taking the time to post your issues here on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having after the recent storms.

I can see that your appointment was cancelled and a new one has been added to your account, I have looked further into your hub and can see that technician appointment would be the only way to get your issues resolved.

Would you like me to try and bring the date further forward, if possible or have specifically chosen the date?

Regards,

Steven_L