cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 - Red Light showing constantly, getting very warm

Rapster
Tuning in

Good afternoon, hopefully one of the helpful Virgin Team will read this and help me out. I have a Hub 3.0 with a Red Light showing constantly on the front of the unit. I have the device in Modem Mode as I use my own router and was used to seeing the Magenta Light and I've also been used to the Hub 3.0 running rather warm but for the last few days the red light has been showing. The device is kept in the coolest place in the room and the heating never goes over 19°C and is usually much cooler than that. I tried turning the Hub 3.0 off for about 5 hours this morning and the red light shows as soon as the device is ready.

Can you send me a replacement Hub, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Rapster

Thank you so much for confirming your appointment with me via the PM and please do let us know how things are looking after the appointment. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

Hi, you’ll need to give them a call to get a replacement or use the connect app to book a tech visit. Sadly the modem needs replaced no other fix

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Rapster

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the Forums! 

I am so sorry to see you are experiencing this issue with your Hub! 

Can I ask if you have reached out to us to resolve this or are you still needing assistance? 

Thank you.

Hi Ashleigh,

I am still in need of assistance. Can you action a replacement hub or engineer visit?

Kind regards,

Richard

Hello @Rapster

Thank you so much for confirming your appointment with me via the PM and please do let us know how things are looking after the appointment. 

Thank you. 

Hey @Ashleigh_C

I will update post visit, thanks again.

Regards!

Hi Ash,

Engineer arrived bright and early this morning and replaced the SH3 for another and now I have a perfectly performing SH3 working as it should!

Thank you for getting this sorted for me before Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Richard

Hi Rapster, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the service. I am happy to see that an engineer was dispatched and has replaced the router. I am glad to see that this is resolved and let us know if you need any further assistance? - Chris