cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Red Light - no over heating issue, no loose connection

sshahariar
Joining in

Hi All 

Can someone please advise on the red light issue and explain why it happens, I have reset, pin reset, checked the cables, reinstalled all cables and moved the box around to more "ventilated" areas but still the red light stays on. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Box will probably need replacing. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sshahariar

Welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear you have a red light warning. This can sometime also mean that your router is out of spec or experiencing other issues. 
I can checked the system and can see there is currently an outage in your area. You might find that you don't have any Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Phone, TiVo® or Interactive TV services at the moment. We are sorry about this and are working hard to restore your services as soon as possible. 

The estimate end tie for the outage is 5th October 2022 at 3pm. Once the outage looks closed/fixed, please reboot your equipment and let us know if you have any further issues.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley 

thank you for the reply, I am aware there is planned work to be done on the 6th of October, I received a text and email regarding this however the red light has been on for a while. I didn't acknowledge it as the wifi and internet are working, the only reason I have chased this is due to the fact I have come across this being a potential fire hazard.  

Hey sshahariar, thank you for confirming this.

The work has now been completed on the 6th, if the red light is still there I am going to send you a PM.

Whilst I do this please can you just follow these steps;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.
 Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?