cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Issues, internet dropping out.

UnarmedGinger
Tuning in

Hello, 

I’m having major issues with the hub 3. Everything in the house is connected via Cat5e. I keep getting outages at varying stages throughout the day. That a hub restart will fix but only for small periods of time. And a reset of the hub will do the same. The slightest touch of anything around the hub will also cause this to happen. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? Or do I need to book an engineer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi UnarmedGinger,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, sorry to hear it sounds like it was caused by a damaged cable, please keep us informed how things go?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get yourself new cables
https://www.amazon.co.uk/1aTTack-Ethernet-Network-Double-Shielded/dp/B004WCKZJI/ref=pd_di_sccai_3/25...
and a router so you can put the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi UnarmedGinger,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been experiencing drops in your connection.

I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us and that a technician has been arranged for you, please let us know how you get on?

If you do have any further issues please let us know and we will be happy to help further.

Regards

Paul.

Issues was damaged shielding on cabling (external) causing post errors and issues with the hub 3.0. Going to monitor over the next few days and will report if issue has been resolved. 

Hi UnarmedGinger,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, sorry to hear it sounds like it was caused by a damaged cable, please keep us informed how things go?

Regards

Paul.

Issue seems to be resolved. Put the hub 3 in modem mode and paired it with a Nighthawk for better traffic management and QOS. Seemed to fix all the issues I had. 

Hi UnarmedGinger,

Thanks for coming back to us, I'm pleased to hear you were able to resolve the issues by using your own equipment. If you would like us to look into replacing the hub for you, please do let us know.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Beth

Beth