Menu
Sally829
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 - Dead Ethernet Ports

Hi,

For the past 6 months of having my Hub 3.0 the ethernet ports don't work in any of the devices around the house and when you plug in the ethernet cable into the PC a yellow exclamation mark pops up over the connection sign.

I have looked all over the forums and internet and there has been no solid fix for this issue, so I'm wondering if any forum staff or anyone who knows how to fix this issue can get in contact with me to try and resolve this issue.

Thanks, Sally

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 - Dead Ethernet Ports

Hi Sally829, 

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry you have been having trouble with your Hub ports. 

I can get a new Hub sent out for you. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. 

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning Sally

Thank you for your PM, sorry I didn't reply earlier as I was off for a few days. It looks like the new hub is connected and reporting an Ethernet device connected so fingers crossed it has done the trick.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
morgurth
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guys,

I don't fancy topic necromancy but I have exactly the same problem, even as we speak all 4 ports are dead except Wifi. Sometimes even that goes down and I can access inet through my second access point only. Could you please help me out and replace that faulty hardware?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Wojciech

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call it in - it will be quicker

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wojciech

Thanks for your post.

I am hoping you spoke to someone after the advice from the community but if you've not had a chance to check in with the teams about this since you posted, I've popped you a PM to arrange to get this sorted for you. You can find this on the top right in the purple envelope.

BTW 'Topic necromancy' made me smile Smiley Very Happy

Take care.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos