cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 Acting As If Unplugged

Jakeasuno
Tuning in

Hi, 

We've had the green WiFi symbol and flashing green light all day on the hub 3.0. Apparently there was an issue in the TF1 area but the internet is supposed to intermittent at worst. Done the usual restarts and checking cables, but going through the status reports in the hub's Web settings there is nothing in Downstream or Upstream, then going through the log there are loads of SYNC and RCS errors followed by Lost MDD Timeout and "Received Response To Broadcast Maintenance Request, But No Unicast Maintenance Opportunities Received" at 8am. The only other log is a LAN login success with the default 01/01/1970 datestamp.

The pages take about 30 refresh attempts to load (no exaggeration) and any test gives a connection error after a few seconds then back to refreshing. All of the cables look fine, and customer support aren't proving helpful as they obviously can't just ping a reset to the hub like they usually try and saying it's temporary (even though I can see the neighbours connections). 

Is there anything else to try? Our hub has a habit of messing up settings when the connection goes down (randomly renaming either the 2.4 or 5ghz broadcast) and we suddenly have a named guest network broadcasting even though it's disabled in settings.

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If the base light is flashing green there is a network connection issue - check for known faults on the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

But also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you Josh, I have tried those and they were stating an issue earlier but after speaking to customer services we should still be getting a connection

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its John 🙂

CS are talking bull droppings unless it is fixed.

If either of the the two options above are showing a known issue - then that is QED...

Until it is fixed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'm really sorry John, it was a long day at work.

It turns out someone was working on the box on out road yesterday when it dropped out and the system logs end, VM can't get an engineer back out until Monday now but it appears whatever they did disconnected us there. 

Hi Jakeasuno, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your connection after an engineer was doing work in the cabinet. I'm glad the team were able to get a visit sorted for you. 

Please pop back and let us know how this goes. 

If you need any thing else, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Thank you. An engineer came out this morning. He found that whilst someone was working on the box on Friday 4 house's connections were left disconnected

Hi Jakeasuno, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us and update us on how the visit went. I'm really sorry to hear this. 

I will ensure feedback is passed along to the relevant Area Manager to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen in future. 

I'm hoping you are now back online and things are up and running as they should be? 

Let us know if this is not the case. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs