Menu
Highlighted
Jakezxz1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Access Denied

So I was online this morning at around 8am and around 9:30 everything disconnected. 

I checked the router and it said access denied next to the internet on the status page.

I checked the outage map and they said problems in my area but wouldn’t specify what or how long.

Ive put my telephone number for them to update but I’ve had nothing yet and it’s been 2 hours

I work from home Mondays so this is stressing me out, I can’t connect to the meeting I’m expecting to have later on

Can anyone investigate?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 Access Denied

I'm afraid that this forum rarely offers a fast response by Virgin Media, and I'll be surprised if the forum staff are able to pick up your message, get it investigated and fixed in time for your meeting.  Hopefully the work is already underway and it'll be back on soon, but if not you may have to resort to other strategies. 

I was in exactly the same position a couple of weeks back, and had to resort to setting my phone up as a wireless hotspot, connecting the work laptop to hotspot, and using mobile data for half a day.  Fortunately updating and sending emails and a few conference calls don't use vast amounts of data, and the slow speed I get on mobile (10 Mbps) was still enough to keep me online and connected to the online meeting.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jakezxz1, 

Thanks for using the forums, however I am sorry that the time scale didn't help this issue. We usually let the community, like Andruser who gave some really good advice, time to comment and offer help before we scoop posts up ourselves.

I hope the advice above worked with the hotspot, thinking outside the box definitely helps in these kinds of situations. However if you're still experiencing issues with your service please let us know and we can look into it further. 

Let me know, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Jakezxz1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On the contrary the service works that were scheduled were cleared quickly enough so I could use my WiFi for the rest of the day.

I appreciate the advice!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome jakezxz1, is everything back up and running for you now? If not let us know and we'll be happy to look into this further.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos