cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 1 wifi connected no internet

Alifish53
Joining in

Hi

I hope someone can help as I don't feel I get very far when I phone customer services.

My wifi connection had been intermittently dropping out for some months, and occasionally my wired connection too.  When I speak to customer services they say they do something to tweak it their end, and the last time I rang they said they would monitor things for a while.  Nothing has improved and today I can't get a connection on any of my wifi devices.

I have done a factory reset on my Hub 1, and told my phone and tablet to forget the connection and then reconnect.  I have also rebooted everything but constantly get 'connected no internet'.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice, Alison

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are still on a Superhub 1, then you need to get a free upgrade.  I would have thought all those ancient Superhubs would have been removed from the VM network by now 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post the levels from the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right - not seen a hub1 for a long time so not sure its there - if you log in you will find the levels

the above looks at the input but the key is you need a new hub even if the levels are ok - the hub1 is antique - not sure why CS have not offered you a replacement but lets not worry about CS - will flag the thread and hopefully staff can get a new hub to you

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Alifish53.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see your internet is not working.

I can see you have a Hub1 I will need to get a more recent Hub out too you.

I will send you a private message so I can do this for you.

Look out for a purple envelope at the top right of your page.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you to those who have taken the time to comment.
Virgin Media are sorting everything out for me so hopefully I should be up and running with a new hub soon.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You are welcome 🙂 Please let me know how it goes. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide