cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htb 3 not working in router mode,!

leecool
On our wavelength

Hi there for a long time now, I’ve had my router and modem mode and I’ve been using an archer TP Link  5400x gaming router. Llast week. My signal dropped down to 0.4 Mbps so I had a technician come out l and he connected and attenuator. Now I cannot run my VM router in modern mode. I can however sign into it as a Wi-Fi router but if I do connect my Archer router, I can connect directly to the archer, but with no Internet this is nuts I’ve read and post exactly the same as this just five minutes ago.But unfortunately it did not come with an answer. Why all of a sudden does my virgin media router not want to be used in modern mode it just will not pass the signal through to my gaming router any help greatly appreciated.

cheers

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Connect a PC to the hub and change to modem mode get that working then connect PC to your router login and find MAC clone option to copy MAC to router then connect router to hub.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You do not need to do MAC cloning. Because you have a new hub your WAN IP address has changed and you need to set up modem mode from scratch. Follow these instructions:

How to put a VM hub into modem mode:

1) Access your hub on 192.168.0.1, sign on and put it into modem mode. On the Hub3 the bottom LED will change to magenta, on a Hub4 the LED band will be green, on a Hub5 the LED will be green. Best done from a wired connection.

2) Turn off the hub and disconnect any Ethernet cables

3) Fully initialise your own router or mesh master unit and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP (for some routers or mesh this may have to be done in router mode before entering modem mode)

4) Connect your router or mesh master unit to the VM hub with an Ethernet cable, Cat5e or Cat6, any higher specification is a waste of money. On a Hub5 use port 4.

5) Turn on the VM hub.

6) You should now be able to access the internet and the hub will now be on 192.168.100.1

Note1: this only needs doing once for each new router or when VM changes your WAN IP address.

Note2: If you have a Hub4 and your own router is NOT 192.168.0.1 then it’s possible that you can still access the VM hub on 192.168.0.1

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

leecool
On our wavelength

I have been trying this since 12pm without success, all was good until I came down this morning. I've had this router setup for about 3 yrs without many issues and I have reconnected it many times without fault.

When I put the router into modem mode the light only goes white at the bottom not majenta'  but I think it's in modem mode anyway. I'm asked to sign back in to change modem settings and the very password I have just set is incorrect, how's that??

My pc will connect perfectly to my Archer C5400x when VM router is in modem mode but there is no internet access at all then. I've setup 100's of routers and never come across issues like this before.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Connect PC to hub change to modem mode get that working then do this test in the Registry Editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

add DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle set to 0

and DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag to 0 test internet is working then set to 1 and test internet is working after a reboot

Screenshot 2022-10-27 213031.png

leecool
On our wavelength

Hi, when you say "get that working" what do you mean? because I go into the router settings, I change my username to my own and password. When I put it into modem mode it asks for the password before I can change settings. when i put the password I have just created in' it says it is wrong, even though I just changed it. I shouldn't have to go through this crap to be honest. it's never done this before I've set it up lots of times before without issue. if it has a modem mode then it should do that but it just won't. Ive been doing this for 9 hrs now, trying every which way possible.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
reset use a simple password like 12345678zZ

Hi leecool

Thanks for posting in regards to your hub, TP Link and modem mode, we can understand the confusion.

Has the advice offered by the forum members helped resolve this issue for you? From checking the equipment and connection it is showing as in modem mode.

Rob