cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off the WiFi on the Hub 3 WITHOUT going into Modem Mode

chrigil
Tuning in

I've setup an eero system and it seems good but won't play ball for more than a few hours with the Hub 3 when it is modem mode.

It works fine leaving the Hub 3 in router mode but obviously having the 2 WiFi networks broadcasting from virtually the same spot is both pointless and could cause interference with the eero network.

Is it possible to turn off the WiFi on the Hub 3 whilst staying in Router mode?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Get your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @Londoner2021.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

In regards to disabling your WIFI, when you turn it off as seen here  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-turn-off-wireless do the changes revert automatically? How long does it take before the WIFI is enabled?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Akua_A wrote:

Hi @Londoner2021.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

In regards to disabling your WIFI, when you turn it off as seen here  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-turn-off-wireless do the changes revert automatically? How long does it take before the WIFI is enabled?

Thanks,

this has been posted about a few times - it was/is supposedly under investigation i think - theres a thread where the OP says it comes back on in 15 mins and shows as on - my experience is that if i turn it off it continues to show as off even though i can access wifi after 10 or 15 minutes

so it would seem to be a bug in the new firmware - maybe you could dig a little and get an answer - or not

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you for letting me know @-tony-.

I will look to pass this to the relevant teams to be investigated.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi @Akua_A

thanks for reply. It reverts to wifi activated quickly, if I leave the hub 3 access page open in the browser it actives once the browser times out the login. If I click on the "Home" tab of the settings page it reverts to activated immediately.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Akua_A wrote:

Thank you for letting me know @-tony-.

I will look to pass this to the relevant teams to be investigated.

Thanks,

not sure where this has gone already - its certainly know by the VIP's and i think in other places - kev or michael i think

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- @Londoner2021

Thank you for letting us know. I will get in contact with the team regarding this known fault.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

If I use a HUB 4 will I have the same issue?

I can add a network switch and turn the hub 3 into modem mode but I am not sure how to set the d'link DAP 2610 up as DHCP through through the phone app. I would need something assigning IPS for wifi devices right?

there must be thousands of parents out there who want to disconnect wifi to give their kids a break from screen time too but are not not able to in that way at least.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK that dlink is an access point only, so can’t be used as a router?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ok thanks I guess I need a firmware update or new hub