cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell WiFi pod is working

Dusty_Warrior
Up to speed

I have received and installed my first WiFi pod as a replacement for my dead booster. The pod is not showing on the virgin connected app, the way the booster did so I cannot see which devices are linked to what.

is this right or have I done something wrong?

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Dusty_Warrior,

Thanks for sending the private message over so we can take some more information and have a closer look at things.

Upon inspection, the Pod you're referring to is online and is providing good signal strength. The reason that you may be struggling to pair is that they may be experiencing interference from any extenders that you have. Can you try removing these for a moment and then seeing if the Pod will pair and connect?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Good morning Zach 

I do not have any extenders!

Our apologies for that. Have you previously has extenders installed on the hub?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Yes you are correct I did have a booster but it failed a long time ago. It is not on the network in fact it has been returned to VM.

Last week I got a text from VM stating they had repaired my BB. I think that the Pod needed pairing to the new hub4.

The new pod is relocated and stable and for the first time ever I have 100% WiFi signal on my V6 Tv box upstairs.

Thank you for your support so far.

What I need now is a second pod for the downstairs rear of house and I will have first class whole house WiFi.

Can you please organise this (I have a Gig1 contract).

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dusty_Warrior

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into this, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

I am having the same issues with my wi-fi pod as the O.P. can you please assist?

I have moved the pod to various rooms in my house over the last month or so and nothing has got any better.

The light is constantly pulsing, also, I can't use the connect app to check on any issues as it just says the page has timed out every time I try and login (not that the app works with the hub 4 anyway!)

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Waffa79,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Really sorry to hear that you're Pod isn't working, can I ask are you able locate the Pod within the same room as the Hub to connect?

Once done try to co-locate the Pod back to the same area.

Let us know if that helps,

Kain

Hi Kain,

I have plugged the pod in the socket next to the hub, plus I have connected it via an ethernet cable directly off of the hub and all it is doing is pulsing!!

I have entered the hub settings via 192.168.0.1 and cannot sort anything that way either.

The Virgin Connect app is still (after 2 weeks), coming up as a timed out page after I've logged in so that needs looking at too!

So I'm stuck, and getting rather annoyed. With this so called contract, I'm paying out quite a lot of money per month, and after 4 months I still can't get what I should be expecting!!

So no, it hasn't helped!!!!!

Hi Waffa79, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with getting the pod to work. 

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode' 
  • Channel Optimisation must be left on 
  • The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled 
  • The SSID must be password protected 
  • The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

This link will help with troubleshooting too. 

In terms of the connect app, we re working on a new update that will support Hub 4's. This is due to be released shortly so keep an eye on your App for the update. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs