cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to talk to a human to fix my internet

internetdown989
On our wavelength

My internet doesn't work. When I call in it says there are issues and that I should reset my hub. I reset the hub and it still doesn't work. When I call back in, it puts me through the same automated system and I go through it all over again. I just want to speak to a human who can fix the problem, dispatch an engineer, send a new router if necessary, etc. This has been going on for days. Its pretty ridiculous. I try to trick the automated system into somehow getting an operator on the phone, but it's impossible.

How do I speak to a human that can practically discuss the issue?

25 REPLIES 25

Paul,

This works for me. Fair enough strategy. When is the planned outage likely to be completed? Looks like this evening if all goes to plan? 

Hi internetdown989,

The current planned outage is has a estimated fix time of 14/07/21 @ 16:00, give it a little time, you can also click on the service status and register for updates via Text ort Email in case there are any changes.

Kind regards

Paul.

Paul,

That makes sense. We'll leave it for today in the event the works run over. I'll double check tomorrow via the Virgin site that the works have been completed. If they have been completed and the problems persist, then you and I can arrange to look at it independent from this forum. Thanks for the communication on this. Just needed some form of dialogue/insight as to what was happening.

@Paul_DN

I had to wait an extra few days to reply to this as the works in the area took several days extra to complete so I am told. I wanted to give it a day or two afterwards to see if that made a difference. The works are now completed as I understand, but the internet issues have actually degenerated to where it is not usable at all. We've had to exclusively hot spot from mobile devices at this point.

Can someone from Virgin's Technical team please directly contact me outwith this forum? I have heard from Virgin's Complaint Department and they are set to follow up with me later this week. We couldn't really progress any conversations, or propose any resolution until local field works were completed -- which they have now been. 

Hey @internetdown989 and thanks for coming back to us here on the forums.

I'm really sorry that your issues haven't yet been resolved, I have looked into your account and there is an issue with all of your downstream power levels being too high, we will need to send out an engineer to get this resolved.

Before we can book this, I would need to take a few details via a private message that I will drop over in a moment.

Please look out for this and we can get the visit booked in.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for coming back to us @internetdown989.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L