cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to talk to a human to fix my internet

internetdown989
On our wavelength

My internet doesn't work. When I call in it says there are issues and that I should reset my hub. I reset the hub and it still doesn't work. When I call back in, it puts me through the same automated system and I go through it all over again. I just want to speak to a human who can fix the problem, dispatch an engineer, send a new router if necessary, etc. This has been going on for days. Its pretty ridiculous. I try to trick the automated system into somehow getting an operator on the phone, but it's impossible.

How do I speak to a human that can practically discuss the issue?

25 REPLIES 25

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John_GS 

From experience planned maintenance doesn't last a whole day, and depending on what they're doing, and what the cause of the OP's issue is, may not resolve it.

In short 

Planned Maintenance != Fault resolution

@internetdown989 Posting your router stats would definitely be helpful here.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

It does seem as though the resolution to this fix has been pushed further back and is now due to be resolved today at 15:00. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

If you've opened a complaint with CISAS then Virgin have the option to no longer deal with you until the complaints conclusion unfortunately.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

@ Straight6Petrol -- Couldn't agree more. The complaints, the service, its all useless. Again, there is an escalation of the complaint procedure which I have started. https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/. I have used these services before, and while its drawn out it does work.

In general, its like they have outsourced every human being to an automated phone service. Even created this forum for people to fix problems so they don't have to. With respect to the router, it appears to be working fine. Light is on as it should be. Nothing in the home has changed, same number of devices, same locations -- its simply just cuts out randomly. It will work fine for 45 minutes, then cut out for 20 minutes, not a range issues as the mesh booster system is also down, etc. (i.e. my phone was 1 meter from the Virgin hub earlier and just stopped working). Appreciate your time and input though. Very kind of you.

@ravenstar – Appreciate your thoughts as well. Agreed. It’s nothing to do with the planned outages. The issues existed before that. Like most the world, I need the internet it for work. I’ll see if I can post some stats. Thanks again.

@Zak_M – Please read the forum title. I would like to speak to a Virgin representative. Please just attempt to fix the issue and please stop pawning me off on virtual replies. There is a complain registered on the system, please refer to it.

@Conman33158 – Not a problem really. They’re not even attempting to fix the issue. If I've had any dialogue with Virgin that would be a different consideration. First I file a complaint with them, they attempt to resolve it, if not fixed I can then escalate, etc. Meanwhile, I'm paying for a service that does not work. They haven’t even replied to the problem or proposed any resolution for me to consider. Only people like yourself who have been kind enough to stop and try. Thanks for you input. Kind of you.

@internetdown989 

With respect Zak does work for Virgin Media.  The Forum Team are based in their offices in Manchester.

Can you not post your stats as requested?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi internetdown989,

Thank you for coming back to us, please can you post your stats so we can look further into this for you, we appreciate you were having issues before the current outage appeared, planned outages are usually for maintenance or a repair and may have been due to a previous issue such as SNR or congestion which may have been the cause of you problems you have been experiencing.

Regards

Paul.

Tim,

I appreciate Zak does, as does John_GS from yesterday. Which nerves me. Hardly the robust replies I was looking for. My request was simply how do I speak to someone. I've tried to contact Virgin directly numerous times. This forum was a last attempt.

I'll see if can post some stats later today. At the same time, I struggle with the bigger picture. Virgin is the broadband provider, I shouldn't have to post router stats on a public forum to fix my internet. If I have done all the remote troubleshooting their site and automated service has suggested, I should surely just be able to speak to someone at Virgin.

Sorry, this is by no means directed at you. Apologies if it came across that way. Awesome of you to offer your help and advice. Just fed up. Have a long Zoom call now which I'll have to hot spot for. Thanks again and I'll try to post some stats later.

Hi Hi internetdown989,,

I have just looked further into this and there was a SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) this was raised under ticket F009159258 this was on 10/07/21.

Kind regards

Paul.

You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

Paul,

Thank you. This is actually the first reply from Virgin that carries some weight. 

Can someone from Virgin contact me independently from this forum? I can discuss the issue with that individual away from this public chat, send logs if need be, ideally fix the problem and then close this thread. 

Thanks again.

Hi internetdown989,

I will be more than happy to help further and even do this via a private chat if required, lets see what happens once this Planned Outage has been closed down because if I did need to book a technician this will be cancelled due to a open ticket.

Regards

Paul.