cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a device from my Network

Moogera
Up to speed

I temporarily gave my neighbour the WiFi password just to help with internet job applications as they only had a 2gb data allowance on their mobile

How can I remove their phone from my Wifi network? Without changing all the passwords?

Asking  because they're now refusing to let have access to their phone to delete my network from it  😳

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Find your phones mac address and then ban the other one 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to advanced settings / security/ wireless mac filtering and deny their phones mac address 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it’s an iPhone they can easily circumvent this. Best way is to reset password.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It's an old huwai smartphone

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tudor wrote:

If it’s an iPhone they can easily circumvent this. Best way is to reset password.

True but the OP specifically said they didn't want to change their password, If the phone owner is on 2gig data with no Internet I doubt they have many IT skills, and if they do manage to circumvent it they can change the password then

Hi 

Thanks 

How do I know which is the rogue device 

• Unfortunately both my phone and neighbours are not named it just letters and numbers

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Find your phones mac address and then ban the other one 

Sorted 

Thanks