cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order wifi pods

Becci43
Tuning in

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me?? I’m trying to order some Wi-Fi pods as my internet doesn’t reach the whole house😞 I renewed my contract and got the Volt 1gig fibre and was told they will send me the new super hun and Wi-Fi pods after they conducted some tests and I have yet to receive any!! I’ve tried the virgin media connect app and has detected very poor speeds and in a couple of rooms won’t preform the test as it loses the Wi-Fi and connects to my mobile data🤷🏻‍♀️ every time I try the live chat the internet drops connection and I loose the chat and have to try and start all over again. Any help would be greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Becci43 

You need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) .

The app should fine tune your connection and make it stronger in your various rooms and then if you meet the criteria order a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

thanks for your reply but as previously stated I have tried the connect app it has shown as running very poor in 2 of the rooms and won’t even run the tests in the other rooms as it won’t stay connected to my Wi-Fi. I had Wi-Fi pods before and when I was renewing my contact I stated the problems I have, they preformed some test and said they would send out the new super hub and replacement pods and yet nothing🤷🏻‍♀️

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Becci43 

Did you try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod  as I also suggested?

They will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted.

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Becci43 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having WiFi issues and that you have not been able to order WiFi pods. Checking the system I can see that you have a WiFi pod but this is currently offline. Can you try connecting the pod into the same room as the router, into a mains socket and let the pod 'talk' to the router. The pod should flash for 10 -15mins and stop flashing once connected - when this happens, try placing the pod somewhere between the poor signal area and the router, where the signal is still strong, so that it will boost the signal further. 

Regarding your new hub, I can see this is requested but we are sending these in batches due to a shortage. You should receive an email when the hub is on it's way to you. Once received. Do the same set up with the pod, where placing the pod in the same room as the router as it will be provisioned at our end. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know what’s happening with regards to the hub.

with regards to the Wi-Fi pod it stopped working about 3-4 weeks ago🙄 I’ve tried everything moving it closer to the hub even connecting it directly into the hub with an Ethernet cable and nothing🤷🏻‍♀️ I can’t for the life of me figure out what’s happened to it??? And since then my internet has been horrendous😞 can you please advise me as to what to do now please?! I’ve tried the connect app and it won’t work all the time and when I hit a black spot my phone ditches the Wi-Fi and then the app stops working🤦🏼‍♀️

thanks

becci

Hi Becci,

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for our delayed response.

How strange, can you think of anything that may have changed around this time which could have caused the pod to knock off?

Have you tried setting your Pods back up with your Hub? You can find information about how to do this here.

Let us know how you get on from there.

Beth

Hi

No worries for the delay☺️ 

we’ve tried setting up on several different occasions in all different locations🤷🏻‍♀️ we’ve even tried it plugged next to the hub with an Ethernet cable attached and still nothing🤷🏻‍♀️

we have no idea what’s caused it as it’s plugged in at above the kitchen side so it can’t be knocked or blocked in any way and has been absolutely fine until recently. The only thing that’s changed but can’t see how it would effect it is we had a new boiler fitted and we’ve currently have Grain installing all there fibre broadband in Reading which has caused a few problems when they first started but I dunno🤷🏻‍♀️

when I signed up to a new contract the person ran some tests and said there was something wrong with the hub that’s why they have put us down for the new super hub, so I don’t know if it’s the hub causing the problems not the pod?? 
Becci

Hi Becci43 👋 thank you for getting back to us!

Sorry to hear this extra information, i'd like to take a closer look so we can investigate further. I'm just going to send you a PM to confirm a few account details on this basis. You can find the PM 📩 in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to this public thread with an update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

All the best. 🌞

Molly