cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

ddcook
Tuning in

Can anyone in the support team help with a pod order please? I have had 2 that I got through customer service but the last 2 days they are saying through the app chat they are only customer support not technical help so need to call and waiting times are more than I can put up with! The 2 I have defintley help but we are in an old house with big stone walls and there are still points of the house I can't get signal, never mind 20mb.

I also keep getting asked if I have scanned using the app, but I can't. I have changed wifi network name via the router settings but it does not seem to pull through to the app, so any time I connect to the app it says I am not connected to my virgin network, when I quite obviously am! So as a result it won't run a scan. Is there any way to rectify this?

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try deleting the app and its data and reinstall. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Done that, no joy.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ddcook 

Have yuo tried to order the third pod via My Virgin Media?

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

Section : Want to know more >  sub section >  How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab.

Sign in to My Virgin Media

You can also reach our Care team using one of our accessible contact options. We’ll figure out where you need better WiFi signal and if an extra mesh WiFi Pod will help.

More on accessibility contact options

If you still don’t get download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room after installing a third mesh WiFi Pod, sign in to My Virgin Media and follow the steps above to let us know.

We might send a technician round to make sure the mesh WiFi Pods are set up to give you the strongest possible connection.

And if they still can’t solve the problem for you, we’ll add a one-off £100 credit on your next bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali