cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a booster?

Mullen1960
Just joined
  • Hi, how do you order a WiFi booster? It says to do it by the connect app, but that just sends you round in circles. 
72 REPLIES 72

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t managed to get through on the telephones and hoped I could find an option to order remotely online through my account but have had no joy. Is there an option? 

very best

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BigBean,

Thank you for coming back to us. Have you tried taking a look at our Connect App to see if you're able to order a WiFi Pod through there?

You can also call us directly on 0800 064 3850 to order a WiFi Pod. Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Pauline. 

I tried calling but I get through to an automated system that tells me there is a problem in my area and doesn’t allow me to select an option to talk to someone. As such it’s very difficult to actually speak to someone in person and order a pod/extender. 

I also downloaded the app but it won’t connect unless I’m at the house with the wifi (which is t working atm because if local technical issues which are separate to my request and issues)  

Can someone contact me or simply send one out of they have my details? 

best

jeff

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BigBean,

Thank you for coming back to us about your WiFi Pod query.

Sorry to hear that there's a local fault impacting your services! I've taken a look at our systems, and I can see that there is an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) Outage that's impacting your broadband and TV services. The fault number is F010351675 and the current estimated fix time is listed as 12/01/23 at 11am. 

If there's a local outage impacting services, you'll be unable to order a WiFi Pod. Please wait until the outage is resolved and contact our dedicated team on 0800 064 3850 as previously advised. We're unable to process WiFi Pod orders through this platform. The only ways to place an order is through the Connect App or by calling in. The Connect App should be used at your property as it is connected to the Hub and will pick up on any connection issues and blackspots in the home.

Keep us updated on how you get on so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tosha43
Joining in

hi guys could I order a pod please, been with virgin for over 15 years, and we have just moved and now the wifi is rubbish it's great in the room its placed but in the room 10 ft away it is very poor so a pod would be great. Could you please let me know what I need to do to get one TIA. Tony

scottmh
Just joined

Hi, I currently have 2 boosters and am requiring another one, I'm with O2 and able to get three free as I am a VOLT customer how do I go about getting another please? 

Hi Scottmh 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for joining this thread. 

Sorry to hear you are in need of an additional Wi-Fi POD. You can order one via our connect app here 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp. The app will help identify where in your home the connection issues are happening, and offer the best location to place the POD in conjunction with the 2 you already have to optimise signal. You can also order one by calling us on 📞0800 064 3850 where the team can complete testing with you in real time if needed, in order to get a 3rd POD order placed for you. Sadly we are unable to do this via the community forum! (This is due to the community not being an instant response service, and testing needing to be completed in real time.)

Thanks for your patience whilst getting this sorted!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Paulina_Z

I received a message saying the area problem was resolved however it is not unfortunately. This is not the reason why i have been requesting a booster however as we need one because we have some building works being undertaken and I need service beyond the reach of the main router. I am unable to speak to anyone human at the call centre. It's an absurd system and causing much frustration. I am now being advised by the pre recorded system that the area service remains down and again not able to speak to anyone about sending me a booster so that when the system is up again and running we can operate at full speed. I am lost as to how to communicate with Virgin. 

I simply need a booster sent out. 

I then need updates on the system repair.

I will be requesting a refund on the time no service available.

If this poor service and non communication continues I will seek to cancel my contract on such grounds as this really is very poor that one is unable to speak to employees who know about matters and are able to provide the minimum service expected. 

Best

Jeff 

Hi there @BigBean

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues with ordering a Pod. Just to confirm have you been able to try following the steps to order the Pod:

·         Tap Start the scan

·         Then Start the scan again

·         While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready

·         Wait 2 mintues for Scan

·         Scan complete, Tap continue

·         Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in

·         Start the Scan (do this in every room)

·         Scan complete

·         Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option

·         If so, Tap Optimise

·         Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room, 

·         Tap Start Scan

·         Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

Iva1811
Joining in

Hi I’m experiencing the same thing I have Wi-Fi pods eligible on my contract but the connection speed I get in the bedroom is shocking. I’m trying to get a booster but to no avail