Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order WiFi pods?

neec48
Joining in

Hi

I'm on 1 gig broadband with a hub 4.

The WiFi signal needs boosting upstairs. How do I order a WiFi pod? I click on the link and it says that demand is high and to come back later.

Thanks 

75 REPLIES 75

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi BenMcr,

When I follow these links, none lead to active messaging. Messaging is mentioned but the space for an active messaging link is empty. 

Can you actually access an active messaging system? I have tried on both my PC and on my iPhone, but cannot find any means to access messaging. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ian_Nunthorpe 

Each of the links posted by Ben contain the red message us icon as shown in the screen shot below.

The screenshot is taken from the contact-us/upgrades-and-offers/broadband-tv-phone link Ben posted
message us.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo,

Here is my screenshot from my PC for the link you posted, and the red Message Us icon is not there:

Web capture_28-12-2021_104027_www.virginmedia.com.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi agian @Ian_Nunthorpe 

I've just opened the page again and the message us clickable icon is showing.

It takes a second or two for the screen to populate with the icon, and once clicked opens a messenger tab so you can communicate with an agent after first speaking to the bot.

You possibly need to try a different browser, or clear your current browsers cache and cookies.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo,

Thanks for your suggestion. I cannot see the Message Us icon on Safari or Edge. However, when I downloaded and used Chrome on my iPad, I found the icon and used it to have a message conversation with “Andi BOT” about ordering a WiFi Pod. Unfortunately, the message said that ordering could only be done by phone. So, back to Square One!

Ian disable your adblocker it is there ( was going to say it is pointless when all it does is tells you to phone)

I've just got off the phone once again this time to be told I have to pay £5 for a 2nd pod!! Told him look at your own website and it says  I am entitled to up to 3 pods for free no charge at all, I told him to forget about it I will speak to someone who can sort it properly for me.

How hard is it to get someone who actually knows what they are doing.

I finally got through to someone who knew what to do, he ordered another pod for me but unlike my last order which said Wi-Fi pod the order says broadband. I haven't got time to phone again is it possible forum support could message me and I will give you the order number to check what has been ordered.

Thanks

Hello lojelo5

Thanks for your post

I am happy to take a look at this for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

It's ok I received an email a day later telling me the pod was arriving on the 31st. The 1st one turned up 2 days late and I'm sure the 2nd one will arrive I know how busy they are so not bothered if it turns up late I'm in no rush.