Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order WiFi pods?

neec48
Joining in

Hi

I'm on 1 gig broadband with a hub 4.

The WiFi signal needs boosting upstairs. How do I order a WiFi pod? I click on the link and it says that demand is high and to come back later.

Thanks 

75 REPLIES 75

I do hope neither of you are paying the rental for these pods 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

These new pods aren't that bad for free, I got one 3 days ago been moving it about the last 2 days to see if it does offer better speeds in the weakest parts of the house and it does work.

They just connect can't see any mac address for it either in the hub settings, I plugged mine in and in 45 minutes I got a txt from virgin telling me my pod had been setup and is now working. It would be good to know the mac address so I don't block it in the future if it ever pops up.

All test done on a Poco X3 nfc straight next to the hub 4 I have hit 466mb max (speedtest.net)  

1st test was done in hall way about 12 ft away from hub same speed as above

2nd test was done upstairs in middle bedroom 334mb

3rd test in front bedroom right above the hub 4 hitting 445mb 

4th in kitchen around 35 ft away from the hub always known for bad WiFi at this end of the house really slow here 32mb

5th test was done in back bedroom this is where the weakest signal is in the house 25mb usually can't even get a signal from the hub 4 at the back of the house.

These could have probably been better if I left it in one place for more than a day at a time but I was just testing it to see if the signal was any better.

We could probably do with 2 more of these for downstairs 1 in the dining room and 1 more in the kitchen, I'm not really bothered myself my PC is connected via ethernet and I'm happy it's just the wife moans all the time with Alexa breaking up all the time in the kitchen plus she wants to sit outside now and again and we can't even get a signal outside. I've told her let me spend some money on a decent router but she won't have any of it so told her she can suffer.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lojelo5,

Thanks for your response here and welcome back.

If you do find that you need additional pods for more signal, you can have up to 3 per account.

You can either order through the app here or contact us to order more on 0345 454 1111/150 from a VM landline, be aware that you can only order 1 per week however.

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W,

OK, I tapped your link “through the app here” and could not find any means of ordering. Help, please.

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe, 

Thanks for coming back to us.

If running through the app checks, it's not offering you the option to order the pods then chances are the Hub is showing that the connected devices don't need the boost. 

If you do think you can benefit from the extra pod then speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and they can get your order placed. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spoiler
Hi Kath_F,

Thanks for your response. Realising that “the app” meant the Connect App, I used it again to check the WiFi coverage in my house. Again, it confirmed that in certain areas of the house the WiFi signal was inadequate and required further boosting. The app tried to connect me via my account to somewhere that I could order another Pod. However, there was a message about a current shortage of Pods, and an invitation to leave my details so that Marketing could get back to me when Pods are available again. Is this the best route for me to follow, or should I phone the number you gave? I tried phoning 150 a couple of weeks ago, but after being passed by the initial person to somebody in the Technical section, it all went wrong. The Technical person was struggling to login to a different system, and then the phone line went dead. Having wasted 45 minutes on that occasion, I am not keen to repeat the experience. Is it possible for you to take an order for another Pod for me via Private Messaging?

@Kath_F wrote:

If running through the app checks, it's not offering you the option to order the pods then chances are the Hub is showing that the connected devices don't need the boost. 

That statement means nothing when customers are using the hub4, seeing as the connect app doesn't work with the hub4.

Like Ian I have phoned and keep getting told you have none left!! I find this strange when I messaged a certain women who sorted my 1st one no problem at all. I could message her again but it's not her job to sort the 2 more I am needing. I will try again tomorrow for 1 more see if I get any further, if not then it's back to messaging someone who can sort one for me something I don't want to do when she has people under her who supposed to be doing this for her.

Talking of messaging…….

What happened to the messaging facility that used to be part of the Connect App?

In fact, I can no longer find any messaging/chat system that will contact Customer Services on any VM App or the VM website. At least, O2 have a good messaging service, perhaps the merged company will now follow O2’s example. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ian_Nunthorpe wrote:

Talking of messaging…….

What happened to the messaging facility that used to be part of the Connect App?

In fact, I can no longer find any messaging/chat system that will contact Customer Services on any VM App or the VM website. At least, O2 have a good messaging service, perhaps the merged company will now follow O2’s example. 

Options are available on the Contact Us page:

C747BC7F-3AD7-4872-8526-C4D72707DAA1.jpeg

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi BenMcr,

I still can’t find that page. 
Please supply a link to that page.