Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order WiFi pods?

neec48
Joining in

Hi

I'm on 1 gig broadband with a hub 4.

The WiFi signal needs boosting upstairs. How do I order a WiFi pod? I click on the link and it says that demand is high and to come back later.

Thanks 

75 REPLIES 75

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Demand will always be high due to the underline problem that the hub has poor WiFi so if you want to fix that get your own WiFi router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@neec48 wrote:

Hi

I'm on 1 gig broadband with a hub 4.  The WiFi signal needs boosting upstairs. How do I order a WiFi pod? I click on the link and it says that demand is high and to come back later.  <snip> 

Unfortunately the Pods are in short supply I believe and there is a wait for one.  You could always buy your own extender if it's urgently needed. If you ever leave VM at least you own it and can keep it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @neec48

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to get a pod ordered as of yet or is this still something you would like to look at?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis

Not yet - still says high demand.

Thanks Neil 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies about that Neil. 

I'm going to pop you a PM for more details to see if we can get this sorted for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of the Forum. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @neec48

I'm glad I was able to get the pod ordered for you 🙂 

If you have any queries or issues from here, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

I've received my Wifi Pod - thank you.

However it has been flashing for over 12 hours now. I've moved it next to the Hub and it's still the same.

Could someone get back to me on how to fix it? I've gone into the Hub and everything is set-up as it should be:

- Not in Modem Mode

- 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks the same SSID and password

Channel Optimisation enabled

*UPDATE*: I've just received another Wifi Pod (I only ordered one). This one has connected correctly. However I now have a spare Wifi Pod that won't connect. It would be good to get this connected too since the Wifi signal is still not the best upstairs!

Thanks

Hi neec48, welcome back to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the pods, can you click on there link here to troubleshoot - Chris

Hi,

I am now on a Volt package and I already have 1 WiFi Pod which has improved my network. However, I still have some areas with weak WiFi and I would like to order 2 more Pods to further improve my network.