cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order WiFi pod?

Greyhail
Tuning in

Hi all.

Wanted to order a wifi pod for my garden office but the website seems to be broken/inaccessible? The web chat isn't working either. Keen to get this sorted asap. I'm on the Volt Gigabit package so I believe the first one should be free? Which is fine, I only need the one, house coverage is fine just garden office is out of range (we have an ethernet cable running from home hub into garden office but would like to extend wifi out there so wireless devices can get online, not just ethernet'd!).

Is there a number I can call or can a Virgin rep arrange this for me through DMs?

Thanks,

Adam

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Re the Pods - yes you can have them for free.

However I am not sure it will help in the garden office - especially when its raining 😎

You would certainly sort it all out by simply plugging a wap (like below) onto the ethernet cable.   Connections on ethernet cables will be rock solid and the wifi will be far better than a Pod can deliver out there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Wireless-Access-Business-WAC104-100UKS/dp/B01LWUJU8H/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Wow thank you, is that literally a case of plugging in the ethernet cable coming from my virgin router into one of those ports on the WAP you linked below and it'll just repeat the wifi signal out there? I imagine there's some additional config that needs to take place, you've been really helpful so far ! If you have a link to the final steps (if there are any) I can have a read!

Thanks again!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I dont have any personal info as i dont use this one myself (all Apple!).

However... just plug it on the cable and configure it in "access point" mode (not router mode) and it should just work - TBS - all instructions are in the installation guide at ther bottom of the Netgear page here...

https://www.netgear.com/uk/business/wifi/access-points/wac104/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.