cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order Wi-Fi pods

grops86
Joining in

Hi, I was trying for 1hour scan my house for Wi-Fi coverage, but I can’t do it as my Wi-Fi keeps cutting off. This happens on 2 sides across my house so I guess I need 2 pods to keep it running smooth. I am on volt package so as far I know I can have them with no extra cost. The only problem is during the scan I can’t see any option to order them. How to solve this?

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

I recently 'upgraded' to a new Oomph package. Upon scanning my house using the virgin media connect app, it shows that in one of the bedrooms I am getting 8 download speed when I paid for the full 500. Is this something that can be resolved with a pod? Because I occasionally see that webpages load extremely slowly, videos buffer upon starting them and I have high packet loss in this room.

Following on from this, I can no longer even test the connection from the app anymore... it gives me a 'Try again in 10 minutes' warning every time I try to run the speed test.

Hi there @yotta1 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues. 

A Pod can help extend the signal to rooms where the signal is lacking. Can I ask if the Connect App is still causing issues since your last post? 

Hi,

Yes I am, it still gives the try again in 10 minutes error in the connect app after doing the test for a minute or so which means I dont get the results from the test so I cannot get a pod from the app.

Can you remove and re-add the app please to see if this fixes it?

Have you also got another device you can try the Connect App on? 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app - same issue, most of the times it just goes straight to try again in 10 minutes. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the app itself most likely that the connection is too unstable, I've had to move to a different room closer to the hub to do meetings which is really inconvenient at the moment.

Can anyone help with ordering a wifi pod?

Good Evening @yotta1, thanks for coming back to us on the Forums.

I understand that you have since been able to contact our team in relation to this issue.

Can you please confirm if this requires any input from ourselves on the Community Forums?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

the issue has been resolved,  I talked to someone on the phone yesterday and I was able to order one thanks

Hi yotta1, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community and confirm things are resolved. 

We're glad the team were able to get a pod ordered for you. 

If you have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop back here to us. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs