cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order Wi-Fi pods

grops86
Joining in

Hi, I was trying for 1hour scan my house for Wi-Fi coverage, but I can’t do it as my Wi-Fi keeps cutting off. This happens on 2 sides across my house so I guess I need 2 pods to keep it running smooth. I am on volt package so as far I know I can have them with no extra cost. The only problem is during the scan I can’t see any option to order them. How to solve this?

19 REPLIES 19

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my reply to the same question below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Order-a-wifi-pod/td-p/5260466

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @grops86, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Connect App and the Wi-Fi when you're trying to scan the house.
I will be able to assist you on this and get the Wi-Fi pods sent out.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I've got the same issue with WiFi completely dropping out so I can't go through on the app, could you help me too?

Hi Pinkle89,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WIFI looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing issues whilst trying to order WIFI pods. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have checked on my side for any issues that could be causing your WIFI to drop out and I can see that your Hub hasn't been rebooted in nearly 5 weeks, if you could please try rebooting your Hub and allow it to settle after the reset it may rectify your WIFI issues. 

We usually recommend rebooting the Hub every 2 weeks so that the data and stats can refresh, otherwise it could cause congestion along with intermittent/slow connection like you're experiencing now. I would also highlight this really helpful page about WIFI issues which may help too 👉 WIFI Issues.

Please let us know how you get on with the Connect App after doing this.

Megan_L

Hi I've rebooted the hub and then got a connection of 6Mbps in the bedroom, I can't get through to anything on the website even though it's come up with the poor connection, anything you can do to help?

Hi @Pinkle89 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Have you used the Connect App to do the test? If so, have you done a full scan of the property?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi yes I did use the connect app, pretty much every room is ok but the bedroom is a black hole, if there's a connection in there it's very low rate, it showed up on the app as 6Mbps.

Trying to do the test on the app I had to attempt about 5 times before getting anything but oops something went wrong, try again in 10 minutes

Hi @Pinkle89 thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to order your pod via connect app. And sorry that you require a pod.  I would like to help you with this.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @grops86 on the forums. 🙂

I'm glad we have been able to order the Wi-Fi pod.
As advised - you will get updates on the delivery date sent to you.
Let us know how it goes with the Wi-Fi pod when it arrives.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs