cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain Wifi pods

Kevor
Tuning in

I seem to be going round in circles with this. I have or rather had 2 wifi boosters which have both ceased working recently and as such I have lost signal in half of the house.

I would like to request 2 of the advertised WiFi pods to rectify this but I seem to be wading through porridge trying to find out how. I have been through the phone options more than once now and cannot find any option for this.

Can anyone assist me please with getting hold of some pods or are they a marketing myth?

Kind regards

Kevin.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing those cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

You do have to call in to order them (cant do it online) - or - just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you .

If not… you will be charged £5/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters (+/- inbuilt Wifi,) (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kevor,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that your boosters have stopped working and that you're having problems with the signal in half of your house, I can assure you that the pods are not a marketing myth and I would be able to order these for you. I will need to confirm a few details via private message, so that we can get passed account security, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @Kevor and please let us know how it goes, when you have your pods.

Regards,

Steven_L

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kevor,

Thank you for joining us in a private chat and clearing security, as advised I have ordered your 2nd pod, once activated and if needed we can then order a 3rd, please make sure they are well spaced in order to get the best from them, you can find out more around our intelligent WIFI here.

If you do need any further help please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

So I received the second pod and everything is hunky dory once again.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Kevin.

Yay, that's great to hear @Kevor

Thanks for the update!

If you need help with anything else, give us a shout!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs