cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if Booster are working

subwayslim
Joining in

Is there a way to find out if the boosters are actually working? they don't seem to be making a great difference if they do but the only one which appears on the Virgin app is the one connected to the Hub. The bigger one doesn't. 

is there a way to see if they are operating? 

thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The small one doesnt appear on the app  only the big ones

With the constant ‘Somethings Not Right’ error message on the Virgin Connect App how do I know if my booster is working? 
I’ve connected to the settings page online and although it shows the power line is connected via Ethernet it does not show which devices are connected to the booster (like the app does when working correctly). 

After successfully setting up my booster I still got an exclamation mark on the booster icon in the virgin app. I clicked on it and it repeated the process of copying my routers details. To check  things out i used an app on my android phone called wifi analyzer from Olgor.com. 

If your booster is working it will show 2 separate signals , one from the hub and one from the booster , even they both have the same ssid's  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Nels5320,

If you log into your router settings and click on Connected Devices it will show if the booster is connected as in the image below.Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo Dave, you need to obscure the MAC addresses in that image to comply with the forum rules.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
as they are customer LAN side mac addresses and not the modem mac it not really a risk.

The risk is (was) cloning mac addresses of modems. Lan side devices are no risk at all. they can be seen from a simple packet capture of wifi even without the wifi password or connecting to the network if in range

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the info @Anonymous.  @newapollo I have reinstated your image.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

please may I ask .

I have set up the booster as per instruction and per videos.
However I only have the booster linked to the webpage .

both boosters have white lights in them also 

I have tried to manually link the WiFi booster  to the wireless security add on but having checked a video it states to put in the booster ssid name along with Mac details.
Due I put in the hubs ssid or ssid on large booster ?

Please can you help as I’m not 100% sure it’s properly set up 

kind regards 

@Mally10 wrote:

Hi 

please may I ask .

I have set up the booster as per instruction and per videos.
However I only have the booster linked to the webpage .

both boosters have white lights in them also 

I have tried to manually link the WiFi booster  to the wireless security add on but having checked a video it states to put in the booster ssid name along with Mac details.
Due I put in the hubs ssid or ssid on large booster ?

Please can you help as I’m not 100% sure it’s properly set up 

kind regards 

What are you trying to achieve exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi