balckgeorge
Tuning in

How do I get a Virgin WiFi Pod?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

167 REPLIES 167

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you? If so you have tio call in to order the first one.

If not... you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever - and be more flexible

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

chrisswaine
Just joined

Not sure if you have downloaded the 'Virgin Media Connect' app, which, once installed allows you to carry out a home wifi check - room by room (and you can add rooms). The app checks wifi strengh and then tries to improve the router. After it has done this, it suggests that you 'rescan' the room. If it is poor again after the rescan, it automatically invites you to 'get a wifi pod'. 

We went through this whole process (16th Oct 21), room by room and found that we had 4 rooms which had no wifi at all (we have brick walls as an old house).

However, you can't actually order the wifi pod(s) through the app - which is a real pain. You must call their sales team on zero eight zero zero zero six four three eight three six (you can't add a phone number to posts!! Der!

Obviously work through the options (existing customer; broadband......etc etc) This was a real pain as they don't mention wifi pods at all - but I got there eventually and the guy was very helpful. 

Although we had 4 rooms 'out', they will only send you one pod, at a cost of £5 per month, which you can then locate in one room! If after 7 odd days, you still have problems in other rooms, you can ring them back up and they will 'add' more.

But in essence, the only way to get a wifi pod is to ring them on the number above.

Hope that helps...Chris...

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @balckgeorge,

You're welcome to drop a response below if you're seeking to add a Wi-Fi pod to your account and we can have this added to the account for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you on a 1GB or Ultimate Oomph package. If not they will charge you £5/month to rent the pods. Buying your own alternative makes more economic sense.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Can I get a Wifi pod please, I have Volt M500 and can get 3 Wi-Fi pods for free. I have an en-suite on the third floor of my house which cannot get Wi-Fi so need one right away please respond ASAP. I have tested the Wi-Fi in the third floor already through the connect app, and it told me to get a Wi-Fi pod.

Hi Mazhar123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'll be more than happy to help with this. We'd send one out at first, see how you get on, if fixes any coverage blackspots in the property etc. If not, we'd send a 2nd one out, then if a 3rd one needed, we'd send a tech out first to make sure needed before doing so.

I'll send you the PM now to arrange the first one. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Mazhar123

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, you're getting the account holder to create an account and link in with us to sort this out.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

How do I get my free wifi pod? I am on the Volt M600 package.

Thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You do have to call CS in to order them (cant do it online) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you .

--------------------
John
--------------------