Menu
Highlighted
craigcoutts77
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to connect a Color Prinder CM1312MFP hp laserjet

I am trying to connect a windows vista color printer up to the network and was wondering what i need to do to connect the printer up to the wireless network and if there is any help or hints that i could have and its A Hp Color Laserjet HP CM1312 MFP and its to connect up to the super hub 3.0 but i has the phone sockets at the back of the router and was wondering if these can be turned in another way to allow for the printer to be connected up wirelessly 

0 Kudos
goslow
Up to speed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to connect a Color Prinder CM1312MFP hp laserjet

The printer only seems to have a USB socket to connect with. Seems like you would need a USB/wireless print server to do this. Cost approx £30 to £50-ish new.

On the few occasions I have used these, they seem to be quite fickle about when they do/do not work. Also your printer seems quite old ('certified for Vista', 10+ years old maybe?). You may possibly run into issues with driver support on an older device with newer operating systems and software. Hub 3.0 wireless performance may also vary depending on your specific circumstances at home and where each of the devices will be.

If you have a hard-wired device in your home e.g. PC that you can connect to the printer with USB, you could then 'share' the printer to allow other mobile wireless devices to access it as long as the PC is turned on.

0 Kudos