cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the DNS servers on a Hitron business router?

amigastu
Tuning in

We've just had our Hitron router set up for our business broadband and we're looking to change the DNS servers to something faster and more secure but can't see any settings. 

Does anyone know if this can be done on the Hitron router?

Thanks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM business don't want you to change DNS use modem mode and get your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

One thing to note before you look at going down the modem only mode, if you have a static IP address or multiples then I am afraid that modem mode is not an option as the Hitron will be in GRE tunnel mode and in that mode there is no modem only setting.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a board for residential customers not business customers, you should call the business help number. Someone may be able to help, but it will take sometime.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Unfortunately they aren’t very helpful at all so I thought I’d try asking here but never mind 🙂

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM business don't want you to change DNS use modem mode and get your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@legacy1 wrote:

Oh why don't you just change the record.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for that, looking around that does seem to be the case so that’s what we’ll do. 

Thank you. 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

One thing to note before you look at going down the modem only mode, if you have a static IP address or multiples then I am afraid that modem mode is not an option as the Hitron will be in GRE tunnel mode and in that mode there is no modem only setting.

Regards Mike

Thank you, I'll make sure to double check that first.