cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a device name on Hub3

gnome
Dialled in

Sometime ago I renamed all the things connected to the hub to something more descriptive.

I have one new device that shows up as unknown, but I know what it is, so went to change the name, but for the life of me, I have either forgotten how to do it, cant see the obvious, or something has changed.

I am sure on the Home page under Hub 3 Status overview, you used to click on the device and change the name. Now when I do that nothing happens, so what am I missing.

I am connecting via ethernet cable and using Chrome 81 to connect

11 REPLIES 11

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Last option is do a pinhole reset and if by some chance you are not on latest FW (you should be) that will force it to download but that is not primarily why I advise the reset as that would be to fix your glitch.

It would make more sense to change the name in the connected devices page where at least you can see the MAC address for traceability.  The HUB 3 Status view just says unknown, so if you have a few its pure guesswork.  Come on virgin use some sense when configuring your routers, i have found my ASUS and netgear both easier to configure.