cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times does service need to drop before action is taken?????

Spankinmanc74
On our wavelength

Absolute abysmal service from Virgin again! 57 drop outs in an hour! Can’t watch anything on TV, my boy can’t play on his game, equipment provided is unserviceable and then told to pay for new equipment that actually belongs to Virgin and should be serviced by them. Come on VM sort this out.

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Two things... first can you check for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

Secondly... if no faults are being reported - can we establish whether the issue is only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?

If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

Finally, what VM equipment do you have that is causing the issues?

What Hub model is it (on its base sticker)? What TV boxes do you have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, we have a Hub3, it’s a total loss of internet, not WiFi. The hub itself fails to output internet. 
move had the same issue in the past and it was only resolved with a new hub. 
I’ve just been informed that VM have registered 57 drop outs lasting over 4hrs in total. 
my mesh equipment connected to the Hub 3 has been fully tested and found to be 100% serviceable.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What are the 2 fault sources reporting? Having 2 Hubs fail with the same issue is unusual?

Where does the number 57 appear from? Was that an offshore CS agent?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not actively monitor connections. If you have a fault you should always try the 0800 number and if nothing there, call customer services and report the fault.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

It just reports disconnected 

It was an agent on here who told me how many times it’s been down. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What exactly does the 0800 number report about connections in your location?

--------------------
John
--------------------

No faults coming into the hub 3 

it’s from the hub to my router which is a unifi dream machine. It’s literally just dropped again while typing this. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I assume you have tried a new Cat6a ethernet cable to connect the Hub to the Unifi? Older ones can just fail. And also inspected all the coax connections and cabling for signs of damage or poor loose connections?

Has the connection ever been stable and worked fine and this is just a new phenomenon that has arisen?

--------------------
John
--------------------

All new cat cables, the coax was trimmed and refitted by an engineer last week.

I do have a splint box fitted outside where the wire was refitted by the engineers last year.