cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you talk to a human at Virgin Media?

jj74
Tuning in

How do you talk to a human at Virgin Media?

64 REPLIES 64

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darkwolf666 wrote:

Hi, don't know if someone can help, but I have spent the last two days trying to phone someone at Virgin Mobile, but you can only chat talk, and the operators on there haven't been able to assist me - they refer me back to Customer Services, which takes me back to the same point - it's like Groundhog Days!

I am at the point where I am going to cancel my direct debit, and see if that gets your attention...

Please help, yours in desperation...

Ian

You are in the wrong place and tagging on to an old thread.  I suggest you start one in the "Mobile Phone" forum and also say what the issue is and someone might actually be able to help sort it there. 

Oh and "I am going to cancel my direct debit, and see if that gets your attention." will certainly get their attention - they will mark your credit rating as a defaulting payee which will ruin your chances of getting another mobile contract and a loan, credit card etc...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's definitely not true that following the instructions is the best thing to do. It often takes you to a place where your only option is an automated response. The customer service on Virgin is pathetically bad.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @styxely 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post.

Really sorry to hear that you have had some issues getting though to our team. 

Is there anything that we are able to assist you with? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

How the hell do I get through to someone at Virgin Media? Tried calling, getting through to someone seems intientionally impossible.

My internet keeps dropping off with packets of data timing out or getting lost.

I need my internet to connect to work and earn a living!!!

Very angry right now!

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @30psi

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues. 

Would you mind just expanding some more on the issue? 

How is your wired speed looking? 

Have you carried out any checks yourself such as checking our service status page at all for any outages? 

Have you also carried out a pin hole reset at all? If so has this improved anything? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The service status is as follows:

We have detected an issue on our network which maybe affecting your broadband service.

What does this mean?

• This is impacting multiple customers in your area.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at times.

It's been like this all week, so with the message above it seems it is known to be an issue beyond the equipment in my home. I'd like to understand when this will be truly resolved so that I don't have to use and pay EE for mobile data that I've had to resort to as a backup.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

This means that there could be a potential outage in your area but I am more than happy to take a look at this for you into your account. 

If there is a fault in your area there should give you an estimated fix time at all? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

mazmar
Joining in

Hi,

I've been trying to speak with someone about the issus with my WI-FI but your automated service is not helping at all. Over the last few months my WI-FI has been intermitent and as I've been working from home it affects my work. I tried all the advice from your website and chatbot many times over the last several weeks but nothing changes. I've been with you for over 6 years and still got the old Super Hub 2 router which may be the problem.

Can you tell me what the possible solution may be

Hello mazmar

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear about the Wifi issues 

I did have a look at this from our side and can see you have a slight issue with the downstream power levels 

I would need to get an engineer out to resolved this 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for those details mazmar

I'm just going to book an engineer and will send you the appointment time by private message 

Gareth_L