cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you talk to a human at Virgin Media?

jj74
Tuning in

How do you talk to a human at Virgin Media?

64 REPLIES 64

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello there jj74, 

Welcome to the forums and for your post. 

The Community are here to help and support you in anyway possible and I can see that they have posted to offer some assistance - I am sorry that you have not found this helpful. 

If you wish to speak to someone directly you can call us on 150/03454541111.  Depending on what you need help with and what you wish to chat about will define what options you need. 

We also have a variety of other contact channels in which you can chat with us - via Live Chat, Messaging, Facebook, Twitter and of course here. 

If you can let us know what you need assistance with then we'll be more than happy to help - we may even be able to do that right here on our Forum page. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

landsberger
Tuning in

It's not that easy.

The best thing to do is to ring 0345 454 1111. Press the buttons up to the point where they ask you for your phone number or account number (it's important you DON'T input these). Eventually, after 3 or 4 repeats, they will transfer you to a real person - well, I say that, they will put you in queue for 30 minutes (I've just come off one) and eventually someone will answer. It will be a call centre worker in India or the Phils, reading a script and with little or no idea of what's actually happening, but a person nonetheless. You will then go through a byzantine security process (because it seems they are on 64k dial up there) and you can explain what your issue is. If you input your phone number or account number, they will just play a recorded message saying if there's a fault or not, no chance to speak to a real person. It's best you explain to the worker what the issue is, and they will tell you to reboot your modem, or they will "run a test" (that you could have run from the VM website). That's it. To book an engineer, you'll probably have to ask to speak to a supervisor - that's what happened to me. 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there landsberger, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to post - sorry to understand that you had to go through so many hoops to get the assistance you needed with your issue. 

We would always advise to follow the instructions fully on the phone line as by doing this will enable you to get to the correct department first time and also pass security on the automated system. 

This ensures that you get to the correct team - we don't have scripts here in Virgin Media; we do however operate a Virtual call centre where your call will be answered by the first available agent regardless of location. All agents across all sites and countries have the same systems and go through the same training. 

If you have not been able to pass security via the automated system, the agent will do this once you get through to them. We take security very seriously - this is to protect you as a customer, your information and account and also to protect us. 

Once any checks or diagnostics are done, the agent will either advise how to fix your issue or book a technician. There is no need to escalate your complaint to a Manager to book a technician if one is truly needed. 

Please don't hesitate to post to our wall if you ever need any help or assistance or need any advise on the best option to choose on our call tree. We're here to offer help and support to everyone 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi Katie

That's not my experience. I always get an Indian call centre when I call VM, and a Phils/South African one when I call VMobile. And I have no real issue with speaking with people halfway round the world - that's how business is done these days - it's the poor quality of service your contractors provide there that's the issue.

If you look at a separate post I have made on this forum for RPBlock earlier this evening, you'll see the call centre worker failed to understand the problem and was unable to book an engineer. He asked me to "wait for a call from the engineer" - the same engineer I had spoken to earlier in the evening advised me to contact 0345 454 1111 to arrange a visit, as he was unable to do so. 

You state " the agent will either advise how to fix your issue or book a technician" - he specifically told me he COULD NOT book an engineer ! Which, miraculously, his boss was able to do. 

I did actually try to use the automated system - not helped by the fact I DON'T have a VM landline, which it constantly asks for - and input my VM account number. All that happened was that I was then read an automated script about a fault in the area and was given no ability to contact your customer services staff. You seem to do all you can to stop people speaking to real people. I posted about an RPBlock earlier than this post, but VM have answered this (later) post first. 

My TV service stopped working over 3 weeks ago. After a full morning of my annual leave trying to speak to someone at VM I eventually got to speak to a human being who established it must be my box. A new box was sent and a week later it arrived. I installed and still I could not access TV. I spent another tedious amount of time trying to speak to a human and it was established that as I hadn’t received a new remote control that the old one wouldn’t work so a new one was sent and received. Yes you guessed it, still no access to TV. I then phoned to cancel my TV as during the 2 weeks I hadn’t had it, I realised I hadn’t missed it. So as I selected the option of ‘leaving VM’ I got through to a wonderful human who could do as I asked and was told my contract would end August 10th. All fine but I’m now 3 weeks without TV but still paying for it!!.. The very thought of having to phone VM once again to point out that fact fills me with stress and anxiety. 
This  is all completely deliberate of VM. You have the WORST access to customer service I know. Your operatives in India in the whole are arrogant and rude and no I’m not being racist I’m stating a fact. Over the past 2 and half years I’ve been cut off, talked over and ignored. I noticed another post of someone having a very similar experience to me over VM telling they’re entering incorrect emails addresses and passwords. I had the same problem when I divorced and my ex was still getting my bills sent to him even though He had nothing to do with the new account I’d set up. In the end I had to get a new email address, which is utterly ridiculous. 

If anyone can please tell me how I can speak to a human being without going through the process of having them check for faults or trying online to solve the problem I would greatly appreciate it because it is really stressing me out and is frankly unacceptable. All you helpful operatives, please feedback how frustrating the call system is because I’m clearly one of many that find your automated system doesn’t work!!...

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jj74,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, so I can help please can you expand on what it is you need to discuss?

Kind regards

Paul.

I think I explained in my message. I still have no access to TV and given I’ve now cancelled it and my contract ends on August 10th I want a refund/compensation for the time I’ve had no service. I lost TV 28th June 2020.
Speaking to a human being would really help as it’s a long and drawn out problem to explain all that’s going on in an email.

Hi Moocameron,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you haven't had TV ffor 5 weeks and not received a credit.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Tim

I read your reply and found it really helpful and informative. Thank you

I have spent all day attempting to resolve an issue with Virgin Media (I was a returning customer however, at the moment I am unsure)

To resolve my issue doesn't require speaking to a human, a human can send an email to help me if they choose..... however, it appears that this option isn't available, along with contacting you via all numbers listed. I even attempted to make virgin aware of the issue via your feedback section and am now left with no other options.

Your telephone auto message advises that it is closed due to corona and there is no live chat option on your website.

I feel lost at the moment, could you please help me to reach someone to resolve the issue?

Thank you

Hi, don't know if someone can help, but I have spent the last two days trying to phone someone at Virgin Mobile, but you can only chat talk, and the operators on there haven't been able to assist me - they refer me back to Customer Services, which takes me back to the same point - it's like Groundhog Days!

I am at the point where I am going to cancel my direct debit, and see if that gets your attention...

Please help, yours in desperation...

Ian