cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you talk to a human at Virgin Media?

jj74
Tuning in

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Go into one of their high street stores ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

64 REPLIES 64

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Go into one of their high street stores ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

chenks
Community elder

@jj74 wrote:

you be polite, give facts only, follow requests, and don't think you are better than them.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jj74 You've made 3 posts in 20 minutes.  None of which actually give anyone here, let alone Virgin Media's Forum Team the chance to help you.

Now if you have a problem and you need help, both the users and Virgin Media's Forum Team are ready to help, but asking questions like:

Are either going to get you stock answers like call 150 (free from a VM line) or 0345 454 1111

BTW Cancelling direct debit without closing the account properly will simply get you visits from debt collectors and a bad credit rating. (I'm referring of course to your post here - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/I-need-to-speak-to-a-human-at-virgi... )

Now the nearest you come to possibly telling us what the problem is - is in your post here - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/NTP-mode-6-vulnerability-letters/m-p/4029830/h...

Are we to assume you've had one of these letters?

If so maybe we can help.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's not helpful.. So unless you've got anything further to add that actually helps me make contact with a human at Virgin Media could you do me a favour and not reply. Thanks.

@chenks wrote:

@jj74 wrote:

you be polite, give facts only, follow requests, and don't think you are better than them.

Happy to talk to someone from Virgin media , but ignoring your dripping sarcasm I've already spent 3-4 hours on hold listening to awful hold music and waiting for an online chat support. I wouldn't mind so much but my bill has been automatically been raised. It's not too much to ask to actually talk to someone is it?

Yes I am trying to find out what is the cause of continuous harassing emails and letters that poorly describe a problem no one at VM can give details on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i thought you was canceling your DD and moving to sky or bt?

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jj74 wrote:

Happy to talk to someone from Virgin media , but ignoring your dripping sarcasm I've already spent 3-4 hours on hold listening to awful hold music and waiting for an online chat support. I wouldn't mind so much but my bill has been automatically been raised. It's not too much to ask to actually talk to someone is it?

Yes I am trying to find out what is the cause of continuous harassing emails and letters that poorly describe a problem no one at VM can give details on.

I'm sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic.  I was offering support - but you have to realise this is a Community Help and support Forum - first responses often come from ordinary users with Virgin Media jumping in if a solution can't be found, or the problem requires their intervention.

I don't think I've ever been on hold for four hours straight, however my personal opinion is first line support probably won't have any idea and will end up referring you to gadget rescue 😞 Who if what I've seen on Youtube is anything to go by aren't clued up any better.

Now if you'd like we'll step back and wait for the Forum Team to jump in.  However if you want to tell us what was in the letters, we can try and help.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes, but not in two hours... Erm.. seriously?!

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forum Team can take a few days to respond.  In the past response times had been up to 7 days, although the new team does tend to be a bit quicker.

As stated this is primarily a community help and support forum.  If you need a quicker response then the only alternative is to phone in and hold.

Tim