Joining in

How do you get free wifi pods as part of volt benefits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Catheriner

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

Are you still in need of assistance with these WiFi pods or have you now been able to organise them?

If not I would be more than happy to take a look into this with you via a PM. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

85 REPLIES 85

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You have to call in to order the first one - the website doesnt work - try at 08.00 in the morning

Or a VM person will respond on here in a few days and sort it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

What he says above ^ but if you need anymore pods you'll have to wait a week from when you receive the first one before ordering another and then the same again if you require a third.

@bitsandpcs wrote:

What he says above ^ but if you need anymore pods you'll have to wait a week from when you receive the first one before ordering another and then the same again if you require a third.

Which is sort of fair enough, what VM don’t want is the situation where the world and his wife are ordering them, ‘because I can and am entitled’ and they sit in the box indefinitely.

I understand it as, you can order one and they’ll sent in out, any more and it requires a technician visit first to check.

They tell you you need a Tech to visit to get your third, but they just sent me my third. Only problem is they then changed my Hub to a 5 which ATM dont support the pods so back to square one at present.

@bitsandpcs wrote:
They tell you you need a Tech to visit to get your third, but they just sent me my third. Only problem is they then changed my Hub to a 5 which ATM dont support the pods so back to square one at present.

Well nobody ever accused VM of being consistent with their own policies, did they?

Oh, and no the 5 doesn’t support the pods, will it ever? Who can tell? Well done guys, brilliant piece of joined up thinking there!

Rumour has it they are in beta test to work with the hub 5 atm, Shame i cant get on it as i was one the original pod trial, feel free to pm if you want any more info. One thing i will say, to get the best out of the pods and you move around the house you need to disconnect the wifi on your device and then reconnect for it connects to the strongest wifi source.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Catheriner

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

Are you still in need of assistance with these WiFi pods or have you now been able to organise them?

If not I would be more than happy to take a look into this with you via a PM. 

Thank you. 

Hi

no I haven’t got sorted with the pods yet

can you sort these for me?

Hi Ash,

Sorry to jump on to this thread, but would it be possible to help arrange a WiFi pod for myself also please, as I've found phoning Virgin is such a nightmare and usually ends up raising my stress levels completely, I'd be very grateful. 

Thank you. 

Nichola