cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get a wifi booster?

Paulhelp
Tuning in

Hi, I have poor Wi-Fi upstairs and in the study. I can't move the hub so I think s booster would help. How do I get hold of one?

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this...
VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Ultimate Oomph or Volt packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you.

If not… you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

£40-100 should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Many thanks! I can't find a way to get hold of a booster/Wi-Fi pod online. Does it require a phone call?

@Paulhelp wrote:

Many thanks! I can't find a way to get hold of a booster/Wi-Fi pod online. Does it require a phone call?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-queue

Many thanks for the link!

@Paulhelp wrote:

Unless you have to pay the £5 per month rental for them, in which case don’t bother 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@carl_pearce wrote:

@Paulhelp wrote:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-queue

If the page that link leads to is correct, VM aren't even operating a waiting list for pods, and all that page offers is a further link to fool punters into signing up for yet more of VM's horrible, gushing marketing bilge.  If only they put the same effort into customer service, or product availability that they put into marketing.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Paulhelp

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to sort the boosters out now? 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes thanks, just a pity need to join a list as they are not available.

Hi @Paulhelp,

I am very sorry about that. Did the team give any further information on when you would expect to hear more on this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!