cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i connect my netgear nighthawk 1000 to hub 4

Dovesterx
Joining in

Hi I just bought the nighthawk xr1000 and I've put my hub 4 in modem mode let it boot etc and then connect my new router and the Internet light is always red. Does anyone know what thus could be? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

have you configured the netgear yet?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Dovesterx wrote:

Hi I just bought the nighthawk xr1000 and I've put my hub 4 in modem mode let it boot etc and then connect my new router and the Internet light is always red. Does anyone know what thus could be? Thanks

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR1000/XR1000_UM_EN.pdf

Page 27

Use the Internet Setup Wizard
You can use the Setup Wizard to detect your Internet settings and automatically set up
your router. The Setup Wizard is not the same as the pages that display the first time
you connect to your router to set it up.
To use the Setup Wizard:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
router network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The Dashboard displays.
4. Select Settings > Setup > Setup Wizard.
The Setup Wizard page displays.
5. Select the Yes radio button.
If you select the No radio button, after you click the Next button, you are taken to
the Internet Setup page (see Manually Set Up the Internet Connection on page 27).
6. Click the Next button.
The Setup Wizard searches your Internet connection for servers and protocols to
determine your Internet configuration.