cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order the Wi-Fi pods?

wayne2022
Joining in

Hi how do I order the Wi-Fi pods as can’t get the connect app to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this
------------

Its now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

196 REPLIES 196

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this
------------

Its now called… Wifi Max see…….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you . If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wayne2022, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

It's great to hear you're looking at having WiFi Pods. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods.  Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

To get the ball rolling on your first pod, we will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wayne2022, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

A request to order a free WiFi pod has been successfully submitted. You will receive a text message to confirm your delivery date and tracking information within the next 4 hours.

Once you receive your pod, this link should help you get it up and running and installed. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

MrsP22
Tuning in

Hi 

mom looking at how to order Wifi pods too, I spoke to someone in customer service today and she advised that the system wouldn’t let her order one for me! 
move run the diagnostics via the virgin connect app, in bedroom 2 my wifi is 14mbps and in the office 18mbps so I really don’t understand why I couldn’t order a pod! 

if anyone has any suggestions I’d be very grateful 

Hi 

I’m looking at how to order Wifi pods too, I spoke to someone in customer service today and she advised that the system wouldn’t let her order one for me! 
I’ve run the diagnostics via the virgin connect app, in bedroom 2 my wifi is 14mbps and in the office 18mbps so I really don’t understand why I couldn’t order a pod! 

if anyone has any suggestions I’d be very grateful 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MrsP22, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues ordering WiFi Pod's, we will do all we can to help. 

I would like to take a look at this from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Nadster123
Joining in

Hi 

I tried calling for a second wifi pod but the agent couldn't get this ordered even went through the diagnostics.

The agent said to use the virgin media connect app which I have and recommends a pod which i cannot order from the app.

Please can i get help with this.

Thank you

I also have the problem, I just want WiFi Max and my first pod, it seems like there are many hoops to jump through, many with no way out. I have tried calling, lots of automated menus none with my exact request and then hours waiting to speak to no one. I have also tried via the online chat and keep getting asked to download Virgin Media Connect which I have, then to run a test which I have done, then the conversation which is so asynchronous just disappears.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lindsand 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear you're struggling to order our WiFi pods.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team