cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a wifi pod

JOHNBOY58
Joining in

Wifi is poor in some rooms. I have run scans with connect app and get 9mbps in my kitchen.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JOHNBOY58 

If you've used the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est) then the app should have fine tuned your connection and made it stronger in your various rooms,  and after that then if you met the criteria it should have ordered a pod for you.

(The app needs to show you get download speeds under 20Mbps to be able to order the pod )

Please try again by following the instructions <<< here >>> 

If that doesn't work  you can also try calling 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JOHNBOY58
Joining in

The connect app does not help order a WiFi pod. Calling 0800064385048 does nothing other than send a text message lino to go through everything that I have already done.

Seems nigh impossible to talk to anyone anymore. 

Would have thought ordering a WiFi pod would be simple. Not with Virgin Media. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "official" route is the Connect app, if it works .....  However if you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

The information around the Pods can be found here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @JOHNBOY58, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having when trying to order out a Wi-Fi pod.
I will be able to assist you on this and get a pod sent out.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs