Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I order a new hub

Hi. I've been with virgin for about 20 years, and my current tv box and router are so old. With more things in the household now requiring wifi, my current router shows low signal and keeps losing connection with things. How do I go about getting more update equipment ( hub ) . Can't find anywhere on the website, and the call centre is a joke.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I order a new hub

Best bet is trying the Virgin Connect App and it should ask you to connect to your Hub, when it determines you don't have a hub 3 it may offer to upgrade for free. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

See below - but TBH if you are on an old contract with old gear and are thus out of contract, you would be better persevering with the phone they are still picking up (try at at 08.00 mon-fri) go via options 1,1,4,4 - thinking of leaving - they will be more than keen to get you to stay on a new contract and offer you a much updated package with new Hub/TV box package. But be careful that they dont oversell you things you dont need or want - you can always say no and put the phone down if you dont like the offer
_________
OR

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

FYI - Getting “oopsed” usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.
After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sha666y,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for the late reply, been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to get this sorted. 

If you do still need help with anything let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos