cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the super hub 5

faceoffaith
Joining in

Is there a way o can get the super hub 5?

I have been a Virgin media customer for over 10 years and really could do with WiFi 6.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @faceoffaith 

It's on a phased rollout as still testing.

See /Digital-life/Hub-5-Our-first-ever-WiFi-6-broadband-router  for furhter details.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will just have to wait, even I cannot get one. They are by invitation only as the are really still under test and are not currently given to anybody on a 1G plan. They are not yet compatible with the pods, but the other problem with the phone connection I believe has been fixed. VM have not announced a release date yet and even when they do I expect they will go to new customers. It won’t be "I want one now" situation.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

gjh
On our wavelength

I wouldn't bother.

I received the invitation several months ago (can't actually remember when and have lost the invitation). All was OK until a fortnight ago when the WiFi stopped working, though I could connect via Ethernet so was able to continue on-line via the mesh network we have installed.

VM sent a replacement Hub 5 out and I installed it without a problem but on the 7th day following it kept dropping out and appeared to be running a number of firmware updates. At first on-line support could get us working again but then gave up and booked a technician visit - with a five day wait, saying something about a network error.

In hindsight, thinking about what they said, they obviously hadn't a clue. As soon as the technician arrived and saw the Hub 5 the odds were on it being faulty. Full line checks carried out and no problem at all (so much for a network error). Hub 5 replaced by a Hub 4 and it's working fine.

The stories about Hub 6 not being properly tested are obviously correct.

If your hub goes faulty and the engineer has one onboard then you maybe lucky and get the new hub 5 like what happened in my case, but as been said ^^^ VM wont make your pods work with it as it's still being tested with them.