cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a new rooter

rikimuk
On our wavelength

We are having constant issues working from home on virgin media. We use a VPN for connection but it often looses internet connection and also have issues with packet loss during teams calls even when only using audio. I have literally tried everything I can think of including completely resetting the hub but as it’s quite an old router now does anyone know if a replacement  might help and if so how I go about getting one?

17 REPLIES 17

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rikimuk

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the broadband issues. 

This needs a tech visit from my system check as all of both the downstream and upstream channels are out of spec. 

I'll send a PM now so we can sort this out.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rikimuk

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in. 

This can be tracked and or altered in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

rikimuk
On our wavelength

Great stuff thank you 

rikimuk
On our wavelength

Thank you for your help I had an engineer come yesterday and he has found some issues which hopefully have now been fixed so fingers crossed. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rikimuk,

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread. 

We are happy to hear the technician visit went well. 

How have thing been since your last post?

Thanks 

Nat

rikimuk
On our wavelength

Seems like the problems are still here. Things have improved a bit but when we are both working from home the machines are dropping the network especially late afternoon. Is there any reason why this would be happening and can I try a new hub box now?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VPN's work better with the hub in modem mode and a 3rd party router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Problems like this are nearly always circuit problems. Do you have the same problem on Ethernet connected devices and WiFi? Could you please post your stats, details below:

How to get stats from a VM hub

1. Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode
  2. Click on the “> Check router status” button
  3. Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  4. Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  5. Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

rikimuk
On our wavelength

CC505C37-931E-48D9-83DA-CF354F7C764D.jpeg

0094E848-6EC5-4CF9-BDBF-359514ED95DD.jpeg

CCC31087-A1CF-4996-9D28-CB762E2EF4F8.jpeg

F7425A7C-5E33-4938-809B-199E8A6E58FD.jpeg