Menu
Grouxomx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I cancel my account with Virgin Media?

Hello, I have a big problem, since one year ago I'm in charge of the broad band media bills in my house; the problem is that a last housemate handed over to me the data payments etc..but I'm not aware of what my account number is due I don't receive any letter or email containing the bills, I want to contact with the costumer service due The bills are increasing month by month (I don't know the reason) and the Wifi is not working properly but I can't access until I find out the account number, I need help please.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I cancel my account with Virgin Media?

@Grouxomx wrote:

Hello, I have a big problem, since one year ago I'm in charge of the broad band media bills in my house; the problem is that a last housemate handed over to me the data payments etc..but I'm not aware of what my account number is due I don't receive any letter or email containing the bills, I want to contact with the costumer service due The bills are increasing month by month (I don't know the reason) and the Wifi is not working properly but I can't access until I find out the account number, I need help please.

Kind regards

You need to know who the account holder actually is - is it your ex-housemate or a landlord or property owner?  They are the only people that VM will officially deal with.  And they are officially responsible for the account - if you stop paying it is they that VM will direct the debt collection agency to!  If it is your ex-housemate and you explain the situation then he/she will need to contact VM to see if the account can be transferred.  They may say - No it needs to be closed and a new one started.

If you could try the step below and see if they can help you in some way.  If not you could call into your local VM high street store and ask the manager for the best course of action.

Call 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them your issue and they will tell you what they can and cant do.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grouxomx and welcome to the community,

As advised by @jbrennand, the account holder will need to contact our customer relations team in order to disconnect the service.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 4. Lines are open between 8am and 10pm, Monday - Friday and between 8am and 6pm, Saturdays.

If the account details are not at hand, please hold on the line whilst the system asks a couple of times, it'll progress you through to an agent who can find account using the address.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Grouxomx wrote:

Kind regards

You need to contact the previous owner and have them cancel it.  If you don't know who or where he is, stop paying the bills.  Their name may show on a credit report for your address.

If you have their old Virgin Media email address it's probably still valid!

Virgin (and any ISP) could take steps to fix this, but the resolution will take 3-4 MONTHS to fix if at all.

They need to speak to the owner of the account (or at least, think they are speaking to the owner).

For anyone who says the DPA prevents them helping.  How can you go to a website and ask for a password to be reset against an email address... That's roughly the same thing that needs to take place here.  He gives the modem hardware info, they contact the owner and be done with it.  Not breaking DPA at all.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos