Menu
ChrisLynchB
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How do I book an engineer

Hi,

I can't seem to be able to book an engineer visit online. Our wifi cuts out, sometimes several times a day, and each time we have to go and turn it off and then on again at the wall.

We got a friend of ours to have a look at it and she said that we have a number of T3 timeouts (over 2,000), an unhealthy number of T4 timeous, and the router keeps spitting back Dynamic Range Window Violations, meaning we're having connection issues most likely in the upstream part of the internet pipeline. Also we are dropping packets left and right. She said we'll need to have a Virgin engineer come out for a site visit to assess and fix. However, it seems impossible to contact Virgin online - their webchat function is constantly offline and whilst their site says you can request an engineer visit online, it simply doesn't give that option.

Can I please request an engineer to come out and fix our internet?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I book an engineer

Chris,

You can contact the call centre by phone.  150 from a Virgin phone (free) or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (standard rates apply).

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
ChrisLynchB
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, but I just spent 11 minutes on the phone going through all the automated options and checks that they go through. The system then said it was putting me through to someone and the phone disconnected. 

I know that the issue requires an engineer and I'm finding it impossible to just book a visit! If anyone from Virgin is looking at this, can I please book online???

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear that Chris.  You can wait until a member of the Forum Team pick this up but that can be days away.  You could wait until tomorrow morning and try to speak to the UK based Retentions Team during normal office hours.  Same numbers as above but choose options  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They can deal with a lot more than just retentions.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Customer services can be tiresome, but you just have to persevere. As stated above it can be many days for VM staff to pick up your post. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
MakFoster
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Did you find out how to do this?

The problem I have sounds identical to yours. 

I have booked an engineer 3 times via the call centre. Each time no-one has turned up and the call centre tell me that I cancelled the booking. I cant win and am going insane. The problem is the technical support is hidden behind an Indian call centre - they are helpful people but they are only able to work from what they have in front of them and they just keep telling me I cancelled and they will have to book a new engineer.

Its absurdly infuriating and if there is any other way of booking I would love to know.

Mark

0 Kudos
ChrisLynchB
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That sounds awful. I'm going to phone the Retentions department tomorrow, as I'm now very seriously thinking about leaving. I will let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
Budgie2
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I book an engineer.

I have been going round in circles on the website for 2 hours looking for a link to book an engineer to come out and fix my phone line, I have checked for any faults in my area and it says there are none, I have tried the line check and it only goes to 99% then stops, I have checked my equipment which seems fine.

All I can find is how to cancel an engineer appointment call 150 on your home phone !!DO!!, or call another No to book at my expense (not going to happen), the fault is on the line so why should I have to pay when I am paying for the service already which includes free maintenance.

Does anyone know where I can find the link to book an engineer on the site please ?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Budgie2 wrote:

I have been going round in circles on the website for 2 hours looking for a link to book an engineer to come out and fix my phone line, I have checked for any faults in my area and it says there are none, I have tried the line check and it only goes to 99% then stops, I have checked my equipment which seems fine.

All I can find is how to cancel an engineer appointment call 150 on your home phone !!DO!!, or call another No to book at my expense (not going to happen), the fault is on the line so why should I have to pay when I am paying for the service already which includes free maintenance.

Does anyone know where I can find the link to book an engineer on the site please ?.

You can't really, you can ether phone in or wait until a mod answers your post and that'll take about a week

0 Kudos
Budgie2
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I seems that my problem has been sorted as the phone is back up and running, if this was due to one of the mods on here then many thanks in advance or it could be that a fault in my area has been reported by others and rectified.

I still can't understand why there is no option to book an engineer on the website, I seem to remember doing this at some time before when I had the same problem, although it could have been arranged by chatting with one of the help team on site.

0 Kudos