cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a longer internet cable

TristanDK
Joining in

Hello

We recently started with Virgin Media and I wanted to know how to get a longer internet cable (not the ethernet, the one that looks like a standard CO-AX that connects the internet port to the wifi Hub 3). I have called and they suggested moving the port instead of providing a longer cable. This is not possible as I rent.

Is it possible to get a longer cable, what is it called and who do I contact?

Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think the maximum pre made cable is 3m.  Anything more and you will need a technician to visit and sort it out. There is a standard £25 fee for non fault call outs.  The cable can be custom made, and the tech will balance the power levels as well, if needed.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think the maximum pre made cable is 3m.  Anything more and you will need a technician to visit and sort it out. There is a standard £25 fee for non fault call outs.  The cable can be custom made, and the tech will balance the power levels as well, if needed.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TristanDK,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm afraid that we're unable to send out extended cabling for this reason, however I can see that your services were only recently installed with us, meaning that we can book a relocation visit free of charge 😊

I've dropped you a private message so I can get this booked in with you.

Thanks

Beth