cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does a Broadband Upgrade take?

Jackidoo
Joining in

Hello, 

I recently upgraded to the 350mb package on 22nd March, I received an email shortly after saying i would receive a welcome email with terms of my contract and speeds etc, i still haven't received that email neither has my broadband speed upgraded. 

It it likely this is an issue related to the lack of staff because of Coronavirus or is this process automated and has something gone wrong? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Whotty,

Assuming you got the speed upgrade in the end, but how long did it take? I am in a similar situation to you. I requested an upgrade via the Virgin Media website on May 13th but have yet to hear back or receive any confirmation on next steps.

After repeated calls and messages between myself and Virgin where I was told a few times that the upgrade would take effect the follow day, within 24 hours ect ect nothing ever happened. In the end my upgrade was applied exactly 1 month after I "cancelled" my old contract and took out the new one. At no point did any virgin colleague advise I would need to wait the cancellation period before the upgrade took effect.

Upgrade has taken effect and even though I've chosen 350 a direct cat7 connection to my router is still only showing speeds around 150 on average, so somewhat disappointed overall.

Hi

I recently signed up for the 350mb broadband.

If the upgrade has completed, what should the max traffic number be if 100mb is 117000047 please?

Thanks

Nick

362..... something or another. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I have 402500089 on the Primary Downstream Max Traffic Rate and 38500089 on the Primary Upstream Traffic Rate.

Do you think the upgrade is complete to 350 mb based on these figures?

Cheers

Sorry yes that’s correct profile config. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi