cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does a Broadband Upgrade take?

Jackidoo
Joining in

Hello, 

I recently upgraded to the 350mb package on 22nd March, I received an email shortly after saying i would receive a welcome email with terms of my contract and speeds etc, i still haven't received that email neither has my broadband speed upgraded. 

It it likely this is an issue related to the lack of staff because of Coronavirus or is this process automated and has something gone wrong? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Aaron_K
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jackidoo 

A lack of staff at the moment is a probability but for the time being I would suggest resetting the router as this may start your new package off.

Thanks Aaron

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you rebooted the Hub and then checked in the settings to see if the Configuration file has been updated with the new "max data transfer rate" speeds?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

117000047 shows that you are on the 100Mbs contract.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

15 REPLIES 15

Aaron_K
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jackidoo 

A lack of staff at the moment is a probability but for the time being I would suggest resetting the router as this may start your new package off.

Thanks Aaron

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you rebooted the Hub and then checked in the settings to see if the Configuration file has been updated with the new "max data transfer rate" speeds?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Jackidoo
Joining in

Hello thank you for your responses, i have been resetting the Hub daily, how do i find my Max data transfer rate? I have my Hub settings up and all i can find is max traffic rate which is 117000047 is this the right thing? 

117000047 shows that you are on the 100Mbs contract.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Ah thanks for that, i'll just wait then I guess, pointless trying to get through to them at present, Cheers guys! 

P.S. Wash your hands

Whotty
Joining in

Did you ever get your upgrade? If so how long did it take?

I've gone from 100 to 350 on April 14th and I'm yet to see any changes, network status is still showing my router is running at 100 even after daily / bi daily reboots.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Whotty,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

How was the order placed? Was it online or over the phone to an agent? If the order was placed online, it may take some time for our teams to process this due to reduced staff and increased contact volumes. 

I'd recommend logging into your online Virgin Media account where you'll find all your package and contract information. 

If no changes are showing and you cannot see your new speed stated there, give me a shout and I'll look into your account for you via PM.

Regards,

Beth

Beth

Telumehtar
On our wavelength

What modem/router do you have? Is it a Superhub 2? If so, they will need to send you a Superhub 3 (or whatever the new one is called) and something goes wrong with the ordering process. I recently went through the whole thing and your story sounds awfully familiar:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Upgrade-ordered-but-not-actioned/m-p/4224337#M225650

The solution was to use the live chat. Try it in office hours. You get to it by going to your account, choosing broadband upgrade, and looking for a live chat button popping out of the right side of the browser.

A bot will ask you stupid questions. Tell it you want a broadband upgrade and if it asks you to call instead, keep saying no. Eventually it will connect you to a human you can type messages to.

Hi Beth,

The order was originally placed on a call with your retentions team as my contract term was up. We switched from a bundle deal to broadband only and in the process upped my speed from 100 to 350. This was on April 14, I received the contract information and my online account aligns with this information.

On April 20th I had a second call from virgin retentions team trying to offer a better bundle ect, spoke to them about the upgrade and was passed to customer services who advised the person I'd spoken to o before had not fully completed the order (although I had contracts ect). They advised this was now done and the upgrade would happen the following day.

I've rebooted and checked the router today and it's still showing as 117000047.