Menu
LilyBritchford
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

House move issue

Please help, I have recently moved home and my internet was turned off on Wednesday. I moved in on Thursday and set up using my new equipment sent through. I still have no internet and 16 calls later (over an hour each time) I am no nearer.  I have run a test through my account and I get green lights for internet and TV but when I run the test is states that my service is disconnected. I am not sure I can handle 16 more calls as it is costing me so much.  Is there a way contacting an engineer without sitting on the phone? Thanks 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: House move issue

Have you activated the new hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: House move issue

You have 3 options to activate VM equipment – I’d try all 3!

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

Finally a VM person should respond on here when they pick it up but that can take a week or more at the moment.

If they keep telling you its been activated and you have no connection get a Tech visit as there may be a problem on the cable connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos